The August 2019 meeting will be Thursday, August 15th at the Elks, 1930 (7:30 PM). If you have anything to bring up let us know ahead of time, so things move faster. Click here for more information about the meeting location.
Planning for the Fall
- We will have a lot to go over at this meeting, although there is not much going on in August
- We are coming up on the Fall with a bunch of events in n September, October and November
Fall Poppy Drive
- The Fall Poppy Drive is scheduled for November 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th, and 11th
- Everyone should be able to give a few hours during this time.
Voice of Democracy & Patriot’s Pen
- We have three (3) schools Saint Gregory, Haine, and Seneca Valley
- We will need groups to go over entries as it could be over 200
- The due date to us is Oct 30th.
- With 10+ volunteers we can easily meet the 2-week deadline
- We would like to nominate a Teacher of the Year for the following grade ranges: K-5, 6-8, and 9-12
- In addition, we also need to nominate a local Fire Fighter, EMT, and Police
Adopt a Unit
- We have an adopted military unity, but we need to get out to them soon
- Please be present to propose time and date for this
- Color Guard report needed
- Youth Committee report needed
Hugh G. MacPherson
VFW POST 879